Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where are my.....

knitting needles?

I have too many WIPs at the moment. I'm currently signed up for three knitting classes. I only have one more class on the Great American Aran Afghan. I then have to assemble the remaining eight blocks and attached the border. I will be so glad when this project is done.

The North American Afghan just started in April. This class will continue until the Fall of 2010. I have all but one of the solid colored blocks done and 2 of the multi color squares are done. I will post pictures soon of the completed squares. Denton said he will show me how to get the pictures into my blog. Yeah, I'm a real ditz when it comes to doing anything on my own with a computer. I was a computer operator for thirteen years but that was big main frames not these little PC's.

Then I signed up to do a Faroese shawl. I've been wanting to do one for quite some time and this is the perfect opportunity. This one is a KAL on Wednesday nights at my LYS. To be honest, I just like to get together with ladies my age to knit. I had joined a local knitting group that met on Thursdays at Barnes & Noble, but this group was too young. There was too much talk about babies and such. How can one talk for two hours about the baby not sleeping the night before?

Anyway, getting back to my needles. The size I need is no where to be found. I have the Harmony straight and interchangeables from Knit Picks and I can't find either set of the size I need. I also have the Options set but I would rather not knit with the metal needles for the lacy project. But, I do have around eight pairs of size seven needles. Now how did I accumulate so many of them?

I believe that I should do what Toni does. She took her projects and put each in a seperate bag. Each month she will pick a different project bag to work on. I like this idea very much. I was taking Thursdays as a day to finish projects, but they were only small projects, i.e., weaving in ends, sewing on buttons. I wonder how many bags I will get. That is for another post.

Off to find my needles.

No comments: