Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Have Pictures

I finally have photos. This is my family of cats. I have four beautiful babies.

This is Molly. She was found by our neighbors who are not cat people. They called us late one night for our help. Molly was scared and so hungry that she wouldn't run off because the neighbors had put out a dish of tuna for her. She kept running around and around us until she just had to have the food. That is when I grabbed her. The moment I had her in my arms, she never stopped purring. It was like she knew that she was at the end of her journey. Whenever I rescue a stray, I always make an appointment to take them to the vets the next day if possible. Molly was at least 5 pounds under weight, had ticks, and a broken tail. She is now the beauty that you see above. Too bad you cannot see her gorgeous tail in this picture.


Above is Casey and below is Chyna. They were born the same year but different months. They were both born under my stylists shed. Her neighbor took care of all the kitties from the litters until homes were found for all. She gave the momma cat a permanent home. Casey is my most aloof cat. She only wants attention on her terms. Chyna is my skittish one and also the smallest. She barely weighs 5 1/2 pounds. Momma cat was also petite.

And finally, this is my boy Smokey. As you can see he and Molly are buddies. He arrived soon after I took in Molly. I think this was a conspiracy between the two of them. I often find them grooming each other and generally just being together. He is top cat and can be very dominate. He is also the only one that is a lap cat. He knows that he is not to sit on my lap while I'm knitting. He will either be on the arm of the chair or he will be on the foot rest.

NowI've aquainted you with my family.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Awwwww....they're so cute!!