Monday, March 17, 2008

Hey, It's St Patrick's Day

I'm not a big fan of St Patrick's Day. First, I'm not Irish and secondly, I don't drink beer no matter what color it is. Most times I don't even remember to wear green. Today I wore a rose colored top.

So for all you celebrants of St Patrick's Day, may the luck of the Irish be with you.

Now onto something I do like to do and that is knit. I almost finished my third square for the Great American Aran Afghan. I am waiting until class on Saturday to finish it off with four bobbles. I have never done bobbles and thought that I should get the teachers input. I did start the next square. It is a plain square with an Aran sweater sewn onto the square. I thought that I could at least handle the plain square without the instructors input. How could I possibly mess that up. Well I didn't read the instructions for one of the rows and had to frog already.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I don't drink beer either! Everyone says it's an acquired taste, but they never explain why I would want to acquire it. I love green, but the rest of St. Patty's day--corned beef, cabbage, beer--I can live without. My great grandfather was from Ireland, but I always tell people my ancestors came to America to flee the food! (Norway, England, Ireland)